Originally Posted by greggebhardt
But what about the original posters comments: "I get shocked like every second...it's very annoying/kinda painful"
I got to believe that something else is wrong. This is no little static discharge you get on initial contact , sounds like they are getting a continuous shock!
Well that certainly is strange I am not entirely too sure the materials used for the case are conductive (Plastic and magnesium I think). If there is a gross short in a circuit that is grounding out and causing actual pain, then it could explain the system hanging for no reason, especially if its discharging more energy than the ac or battery can keep up with. If this is the case I would seriously have the poster pull the power, and battery from the unit, and contact Dell imediately for a replacement. I would at that point consider the unit an actual danger. Especially if its emitting enough juice to shock to a lvl that is painful every time.
If it was my machine, I would get it replaced ASAP....