Ok, here's my detailed review of this notebook. Here's the short version first: AWESOME!!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I MANAGED TO LIVE W/ MY OLD NOTEBOOK FOR THAT LONG!!!!
Long Version (here we go):
1. Display - Obsolutely gorgeous. I found a pixel that's extra bright to the right side of the screen, no biggie at all. During games it's zero noticible. The viewing angle of this screen is amazing. I just got done watching Matrix Revolutions on it, the battle scene w/ the APUs are just UNBELIEVABLE.
2. That brings us to the sound. W/ 4 speakers and 1 sub, this notebook sounds freaking amazing for a notebook. It is truely a desktop replacement!
Anyone want to buy a desk top computer? Pentium 1.7ghz, 512mb ram, ATI 9600? ROFL!!!!
3. My first notebook was a 386SX w/ a TFT display. It was a 100% POS, you can't even play pac-man on it. Then as these notebooks increase in performance, more and more games are playable on them. However, I never believed one bit that a notebook can play games like deux-ex invisible wars, a game that even my desktop have issues running smoothly. Well ... I was completely wrong. This notebook chewed through the graphics and pumped out a steady frame rate that is just sooooooooooo smooth. I am still in shock ... awesome ...
4. Software installation. I love it. Well, that's because it came w/ a blank hard drive. Everytime I goto Bestbuy or Compusa, I see these pre-installed notebooks I cringe. I can't believe the amount of CRAP installed on those computers. Well, I installed the O/S, I installed all the drivers. Everything runs obsolutely beautifullly, and my HDD is clean as ever. What needs to be there is there, what doesn't .. isn't.
5. The fan is not an issue at all. You can barely hear it and when the main fan goes off, it's zero noise. The wireless works flawlessly w/ my bluetooth ipaq, at the same time. I am connected to my g router at constant 50+mbps w/ 'EXCELLENT' connection.
Overall, this is the best notebook I've ever bought myself. If you don't have one, GET ONE!