Originally Posted by myke66
i assumed keyboard. but i dont think ill be gettin away with ust a keyboard. i think its overheating when i run 3d apps. it ust shuts off. sounds like im boned.
It might just be a fan then. If it boots, it's probably okay once it dries out completely...
I spilled pepsi on a desktop keyboard a while back. I took the keyboard apart, rinsed it where I could without damaging it, and put the parts into my oven with the pilot light on for 24 hours. It dried completely and worked fine after that.Here's AW's knowledge base article on removing the keyboard.
I'd take it apart, and put the keyboard (not the computer) into an oven or other really dry place for a day or two. Maybe next to a furnace vent... You might just have a little moisture in there somewhere causing a short circuit.
Also, make sure the fans are working. They might just need to be dried out aw well.