Was the laptop on when this happened and what was the drink, water only or a softdink?
If it wasn't on, I'd unplug it, remove the battery, and the memory, and take it apart and use a hairdryer (not on hottest setting) to blow any water out and off the circuit boards. Then set it aside for about a week in a very dry warm area if possible before reassembly to try it. If it was on, I'd try todo that also. If the drink was anything other than water, like a softdrink maybe try some alchohol on cotton to dab-out the residues. Can't hurt to try anyway. hth