Originally Posted by Volcano
1. i have heard of a Internal Digital/Analog (ATSC) TV Tuner, what is it, how does it work, and how do you connect to it.
2. what are the differences in vista ultimate vs premium. would it help prevent program not responding errors?
3. does anyone know if alienware will one of these days make the external extreme audio card internal?
4. will alienware withen a couple years offer mobile internal wireless broadband like dell offers?
1. Its a tv tuner/capture device that allows for tuning into broadcast tv channels (analog NTSC *Off air by this time next year and digital ATSC *includes Highdef channels) and also hooking up other video equipment to input into your laptop for viewing/capture like a VCR or such. Using a small or large antenna or standard video cables.
2. Ultimate vs Premium: google.com
No, it will make no difference in Program not Responding Errors
3. NO they wont, but they offer 6.1(maybe even 7.1) audio from an internal/on-motherboard audio controller (ie 9750 and 17x), but dont expect to see a creative external audio card somehow become internal.
4. Possibly, eventually, but dont cross your fingers, AW is a gaming company and 3G phone networks dont provide high enough bandwidth nor low enough latency much less sustained connection reliability enough to make gaming on them (currently) a plausible solution. So since its not a feature gamers are clamoring for, it prolly wont see the light of day in an AW for a long time if at all. AW uses that space to pack in SLI goodness!!!!