Originally Posted by chiefsmackaho
Nice. Let me know how you like it.
I originally configured mine with the 2 120GB 7,200 RPM drives for 240GB total, but I purchased 2 200GB 7,200 aftermarket so I'm up to 400GB. One thing I did notice on a notebook is that when it comes to 5,400 vs. 7,200, you do notice the difference.
I also configured with the least amount of ram possible and purchased 4GB aftermarket for $89 from the Egg as it was cheaper than buying from HP (MUCH cheaper). I have Ultimate 64 bit, so I can take advantage of all of that memory.
Here are my complete specs from my order email
HP Pavilion dv9700t Entertainment CTO NB
- Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.40GHz)
- 17.0" diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
- 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 50% OFF 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS!!
- HP Imprint Finish (Radiance) + Microphone
- Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection
- $50 OFF 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive!!
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
I ordered a new HP backpack off of ebay for less than helf of hp's price. I've also had a Coolermaster notepal laptop cooler and Epson Stylus Photo R220 printer. These I've had for a while. Oh and also, I got Office Home and Student 2007 for only $70 at bestbuy by using gift cards.