- Alienware Area-51 m15x
Disassembly 1. Remove the optical drive from the computer. Click Here to learn how to remove the optical drive from the computer.
2. Open the optical drive latch so it appears as highlighted in Image 1:
3. Remove the screw highlighted in Image 2:
4. Remove the optical drive's swap handle. See Image 3:
5. Remove the two screws at the back of the unit. See Image 4:
6. Remove the screws located on the left side of the unit. See Image 5:
7. Remove the screw highlighted on Image 6:
8. Remove the screw highlighted on Image 7:
9. Remove the optical drive from the cage.
10. Remove the plastic protective spacer and the connection interface. See Image 8:
11. Open the tray of the optical drive using a paper clip. See Image 9:
12. The tray will look as seen in Image 10:
13. Locate the first faceplate's latch. See Image 11:
14. Release it using a flat headed screwdriver. See Image 12:
15. Locate the second latch. See Image 13
16. Release it using a flat headed screwdriver. See Image 14
17. Remove the faceplate from the optical drive. See Image 15
Assembly 18. Place the optical drive's faceplate on the optical drive. Use Image 15 for reference.
19. Make sure that the connection interface and the protective plastic spacer are properly located at the bottom of the drive's cage. See Image 8 for reference.
20. Insert the optical drive in the cage. Make sure it is making perfect contact with the connection interface.
21. Insert the screws seen in Images 4, 5,6, and 7.
22. Insert the optical drive's swap handle. See Image 3 for reference.
23. Insert the screw seen in Image 2.