i am not responsible for any damage one may cause to their computer when doing this. Make sure you disconnect all power from your unit before proceeding.
taking off the bezel was pretty straight forward
1.pull off 4 rubber feet things that are on the bezel
2. unscrew the screws on the bezel which are under the rubber feet
3. go slowly around the panel (i started at the top right and went down then over and down the other side)
4. one note should be that the small grey peice found on some vaios which i beleive is actually the wireless does not come off with the front bezel, it is screwed to the back bezel so dont pull on it when taking the front bezel off.
5. i got my bezel off without removeing the hinge covers by variations of flexing the bezel a bit to get it off. i caused not damage whatsoever in doing this.
6. once your bezel is completly off you'll see a screw holding the lcd screen in on every corner. unscrew those.
7. Put a microfiber cloth on your keyboard so you can lay your lcd screen on it once youve unscrewed it.
picute of screen removed.
8.Note there is two ways the screen is connected to your laptop one being the power and the other is the actuall video cable.
here is the video cable hooked into the lcd
9.to remove this you need to note the two small metal tabs on the top. you push those in and pull the cable to disconnect it from the screen.
(sorry some of my pics are from the removal and install of the screen.)
here the cable is the cable once disconnected.
10.this right here is the power inverter that hooks to the lcd.
note the two wires that were cut on the end towards the right. i wasnt sure how to remove the connector so insted of forcing it out and risk breaking it i just cut it untill i could get the new lcd and see what it looks like.
11. In this picture is the pwer inverter and the new lcd screen. you'll see an extra connector with the 2 wires on it next to the inverter. Once i coudl examine the new lcd connectors i determined all i needed to do was use some plyers and pull on the white tab to get it out of the power inverter.
12.Then once your done, take your new screen and install it and place it in and reassemble. heres what it will look like with the screen in. note the position of the power inverter. make sure you put it back in like that.
13. Check to make sure your screen is in working condition before you reinstall the bezel.