M1730 Lemon? You tell me
Originally Posted by woodstock
yeah, no such thing as a single 8800 for the 1730, you will get 2 cards but it is one unit
Yeah so the Dell tech was here today, and like you said... I know have a SLI 8800M GTX installed. WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Except now I have some other problems.... My right speaker isnt working and the tech says its the Mobo. So he is going to try to get me another replacement system. Oh, and I am still waiting for another tech to call me about replacing the LCD.
So here is the breakdown of whats been replaced and serviced in the week that I have had this system (I got it last thursday 2/12).
- Wireless N Card (unit shipped with wireless-g).
- Bluetooth (unit shipping w/o bluetooth)
- LCD Bezel (unit shipped with cracked bezel)
- LCD Lid (was replaced with above)
- Speakers (unit shipped with broken LEDs)
- 8800M GTX SLI (unit shipped with 8700M GT SLI)
- LCD Bezel again (Dell tech messed up the install)
- Speakers again (New speakers - right side no sound)
To be Replaced (allready dispatched).
- LCD (unit shipped with LCD with dead pixels)
So now the tech that was here to fix # 7 & 8 says that it would make more sense to just get me a new system all together. So he is going to put in the request. Lets see what happens...
Damn, if this was a car the lemon law would apply.