Re: What would you like to see in the next 88XX model?
I would like to see what is currently available, with at least the following upgrades:
1. 800FSB, dual channel 400DDR (or better) RAM
2. ATI M10
2.25. Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2 Sound
) I think this is important, almost as imortant as the M10! At the very least, I would like 5.1 Dolby Digital sound. A lot of people play games on their laptops, and Creative Labs has the industry standard (and probably the best) sound acceleration available. Sound acceleration is important to be able to accurately create large numbers of environmental sounds. It also has many other advantages. There are numerous ways to integrate this into the laptop. It should be doable.
3. 802.11g wireless MiniPCI
4. 7200 rpm hard drive
R/RW (plus, not minus)
6. LS-120/SuperDisk FDD
(at least as an option)
7. 17" UXGA LCD/17" widescreen LCD - Not so important. The 16 inch seems adequate. I think that I would prefer the widescreen to the UXGA, though. As mentioned, a fast refresh rate and good quality 16" screen would also be perfectly fine.
8. Battery life of 1.5 hrs+
9. Powered 6-pin FireWire, at least while on AC-power
10. If somethings gotta go, have it be the MP3 player.
11. Maybe a pop-out trackball? Dunno 'bout this one...
1001. Weighs four pounds and is 1" thick.
And, of course, it's gotta be fully HT enabled and capable of taking the latest and greatest Intel chips!