BIOS UPDATE GONE HORRIBLY WRONG...!!!
Ok...so after runnig flawlessly my M17x has started to come up with problems.
1. The slot-load optical drive failed (got it replaced)
2. The WPAN Card cable is damaged, have to replace the entire LCD panel now (still to be replaced)
3. And finally today the BIOS update has gone wrong horribly.
So since yesterday I had a problem with my CPU usage being at 100%. I discovered this happened every time I plugged the AC adapter in or out. So I decided to update the BIOS(I am a noob at this). Finally I updated the BIOS from A02 to A04. BAM!!! The lappy crashed at the Windows boot screen, there was a flash of the Blue screen ( SCREEN OF DEATH).
So I did the ALIENRESPAWN system recovery. FAILED...!!
The problem was still there. Called up tech support and after an hour long tweaking here and there he finally asked me to reinstall Windows. So I did. Finally, it booted up and windows was running. Ok good. Restored my BIOS to previous version from the USB flash disk. I thought at least after restoring th BIOS the ALIENRESPAWN would work. But to my dismay, it didnt.
Firstly it gave me the error message that " User partition is corrupt", so I did the recovery from the Alienrespawn disc. FAILED!!! The same Blue Screen of Death. Finally re-installed windows again, and everything is runnig fine...!
But I am still frustrated because:
1. I lost all my data, including my college architecture projects..!!!
2. I guess I can never do a Factory Setting system recovery now, since i guess it is corrupted...!
Any of you guys have faced this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to recover my system back to FACTORY SETTINGS...!