ghosting, fat32 to ntfs, and other things
1. port replicator. got it
2. regarding ghosting with wordpad: i can read it while it is moving, no noticeable ghosting
3. the wifi according to the hardware info in the control panel is the Intel one, but yes it has that invilink sticker... i was under the impression that that was the name of the wifi software or button/software/adapter solution kinda like how centrino refers to the cpu/mobo/gpu..?
4. no dedicated home and end keys. I just noticed that the arrow keys are raised slightly higher than the rest of the keys. makes them easier to find?
5. the laptop seems to get warm over the hard drive but warm as in like maybe 10 degrees F more than ambient, as in it is warm but not hot
6. to convert the drive from fat32 to ntfs see the instructions here:http://www.ntfs.com/quest3.htm
It'll say something like you need to reboot and you say yes. Went flawlessly for me.
Also, I noticed that there are 2 partitions on this hard drive, both fat32. One of them is 46 gigs the other is 10 gigs and appears to hold the same contents as the recovery CDs. As soon as I finish typing this, I'm going to stick partition magic on it and reclaim that 10gigs!