After the new install I installed the latest driver for my Broadcom wifi-card available on the Acer website, activated it and tried to connect to my home network. After a couple of seconds trying a window pops up saying that "Windows is unable to connect to the network", there is no question for password although the network is secured. When trying to connect to an open network the same thing happens. My router is working fine as I can connect to it with another computer. I can also connect to the router with my Acer by using a LAN-cable.
I have been searching the internet for answers for the last couple of hours but have not managed to find any. So far I have tried all of the below with no success:
- Installing all Windows updates
- Deleting and reinstalling the wireless driver
- Rebooting both computer and router
- Disabling IPv6
- Changing mode on device driver from b to auto
- Changing channel on device driver from 11 to 6
- Activate device discovery
- Updating to last BIOS (1.13)
I've checked and the IP settings (automatic assignments, etc) are the same for my wireless connection as it is for my LAN connection. I have also made sure ther are no saved networks in the network list.
Please, please, please could someone help me understand what is going on and help me connect to networks?
Thankful for any ideas!