I recently got a netbook (Acer Aspire - AO522-BZ623) and I messed it up.
My netbook came with Windows 7 Starter and I wanted to downgrade to xp, and here is what I did:
1) Made a backup of my Windows 7 C: drive with Acronis True Image
2) Restored my xp installation (from other computer to my netbook) with Acronis
3) When booting with xp I got a BSOD
4) tried Restoring my Windows 7, but I am unable to because it gives me the "bootmngr is missing" error. I think I got this message because I backed up the C drive and I ignored the System reserved drives. The system reserved drive was whipped out.
5) I tried installing Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit and it freezes during installation.
6) I contacted Acer and they will send me some recovery disc.
What can I do to fix my netbook until my recovery disks arrive?
Please tell me if you need more details.
Your help is appreciated!