This is my first post. :) I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop, my price limit is ~$1400. Lower the better. I'm looking to play new demanding games such as Crysis 2, Starcraft 2 and other next-gen games on reasonably high settings. I move around quite a bit... so I need something semi-portable.
I have been looking at a couple of laptops and I was dead set on the Alienware m14x until I saw the Asus G73sw at BestBuy. So right now it is between the two. I'll consider others if they fit the bill better.
Must have specs:
6gb+ ram running at 1200+mhz
i7 2.0ghz+ overclocks 2.9+
Fast GPU (I am very unknowlegdable about them I just want it to be fast xD)
|PROCESSOR||Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (2.9GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English|
|HARD DRIVE||500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s|
|WIRELESS CARDS||Intel® Advanced-N WiFi Link 6205 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO Technology|
|INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE||8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Slot Load Optical Drive|
|SOUND OPTIONS||Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio|
|RAM||8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz|
|VIDEO CARD||3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology|
14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
Asus G series 73sw (What's the best/cheapest model?)
Below are the specs of a Asus G73-a1(is this the one that the GPU is too close to the CPU?)
- Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz); 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (4 x 2GB SODIMM Sockets, up to 16GB)
- Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5; 1TB Hybrid HDD/SSD (2x 500GB 7200RPM/4GB SSD)
- Blue-Ray Combo Drive; Illuminated Keyboard; 1x USB 3.0 + 3x USB 2.0 Ports; 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth; 8-in-1 Card Reader; Gigabit LAN
- 17.3-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display; 2.0M Webcam; Gaming Backpack and Mouse
- 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty and 2 Year Standard Warranty Included
Thanks for your help guys!