I have a ThinkPad X41 Tablet (1869-CSU). Someone installed XP Pro on it and I cant seem to find a copy of windows xp tablet pc edition any were. The pen does work on the tablet. But it says I have XP Pro. How do I know what I really have and How do I get all the buttons on the screen to work? I think im missing alot of software.
Lenovo ThinkPad X41 Tablet (1869-CSU)
Im being told that xp pro has alot of missing parts for tablet.
Q3: What does Windows XP Tablet PC Edition include that Microsoft Windows XP Professional does not?
A3: Windows XP Tablet PC Edition includes everything that is available in Windows XP Professional, and the following additional features:
- Pen Input: Tablet PCs include digital pens that you use to control the computer and to write text in your own handwriting.
- Tablet PC Input Panel: Input Panel is an on-screen keyboard and writing pad. With Input Panel, you can type text without your standard keyboard.
- Microsoft Windows Journal: Windows Journal turns your Tablet PC into a writing pad.
- Microsoft Sticky Notes: You can use Sticky Notes to create and manage short handwritten or voice notes in the same manner that you would keep a stack of paper sticky notes.
- Handwriting Recognition and Conversion: You can write in your own handwriting, and then convert it to typed text.
- Speech Recognition: Tablet PCs have built-in speech-recognition capabilities.
- Document Annotation: You can annotate imported documents with a Tablet PC pen.
- Reading: Your Tablet PC uses Microsoft ClearType technology and a high-resolution display.
- Screen Rotation: You can quickly rotate your screen for landscape or portrait viewing.
- Gestures: You can use your Tablet PC pen to make "gestures." "Gestures" are movements with the pen that complete common tasks
I guess I need to find a copy of xp tablet pc edition. Because I would like all the funtions to work.