1) Do you currently own an SSD? Are you planning on purchasing one or more in the near future?
Yes, I currently own a 60GB Corsair. Yes, I plan on purchasing another one in the near future for the fact that 60GB is just way to small for me =( If only I won one... ;)
2) If you’re planning on purchasing an SSD, which brand(s) are you considering and why (price, performance, reliability, brand, etc.)?
The next SSD that I am wanting to purchase is an Intel 510 Series. The Read and Write Speeds are incredible and the reviews on Newegg are pretty much flawless. It's a little expensive, but you pay for quality in my opinion. Intel is a pretty reliable brand when it comes to internal SSD. Here are some details on it's speeds.
- Sustained Sequential Read
- Up to 450 MB/s (SATA 6Gb/s); 265 MB/s (SATA 3Gb/s)
- Sustained Sequential Write
- Up to 210 MB/s (SATA 6Gb/s); 200 MB/s (SATA 3Gb/s)
- 1,200,000 hours
3) How often do you purchase a new PC (every 12 months or less, every 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, over 3 years)?
I purchase a new PC every 4-5 years. I JUST built a new PC and the specs are pretty awesome on it. I have a 7.8 out of 7.9 windows rating on it right now. Just need to cool my processor and clock it a little higher for that 7.9 rating. i7-6 core, 12GB of ram, HD XFX Radeon 6970, 60GB Corair SSD, etc. Just need to get me a hard drive I can put games on and fully utilize!
Thanks for listening! Feel free to message me for anymore details!