Hoping to get some help here.
I have a dell inspiron 6400 and have been using it for years.
The battery is pretty much done. on a full charge it will die after 15 minutes. So I always would keep the laptop plugged in with the ac adapter.
Now suddenly when I was using it, the adapter started beeping and it no longer would charge my laptop. I tried it in numerous outlets and also took out the battery and tried to use the laptop plugged in with adapter only and not battery. didn't work.
bought a new universal adapter and exact same problem.
now i'm wondering if i need to buy a new battery and maybe the original adapter will work again with it and no longer beep?