I recently wanted to build a gaming desktop but realized 1) i don't have the cash and 2) my G51VX-Rx05 isn't half bad. So for the past three days I have basically used all my finals study time and researched upgrading my laptop instead. What I have decided is that I want to go all out and do everything I can to make my laptop more powerful and more efficient. Doing things such as:
1) Upgrading processor (leaning towards T9600 for my price range)
2) Overclocking new CPU and current GPU
3) Modding a separate backplate
4) Installing copper pieces to heatsink
5) Using better thermal paste for copper and cpu/gpu
6) Possibly using color film to change keyboard back light
Also is this the proper CPU and a good price?
And same for this backplate?
And finally these copper pieces?
I honestly have no idea where to start or if I'm even capable of all this. I have even more aspirations but this is more than enough to start. The most I have done is install a new GPU in my brothers desktop and that was simple. Any advice would be appreciated!