1. Do you currently own an SSD and are you planning on purchasing one in the near future? If so, which brands are you considering (Intel, OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Patriot Memory, Samsung, or other)?
No, I do not. However, I was shortlisting Intel, OCZ, Corsair, and Samsung, looking for a good deal.
2. What is the most important consideration you make when you purchase an SSD (price, performance, brand, other)?
Since I heard so many horror stories of SSD suddenly dying, brand and the reliability associated with it are my most important consideration. Performance & price are the next set of considerations.
3. How often do you purchase a new PC (less than a 1 year, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, over 3 years)?
My wife got me a new one this year; I usually try to keep a PC around for 3-4 years.
4. Do you prefer to build your own PC or buy a branded system (Build your own or Buy a branded system)?
I buy branded system...I would love to build mine, but I simply do not have the time, being a father of 2 very active young boys.
5. How important do you feel an SSD is to system performance? (extremely important, pretty important, Not very important, no impact on performance)
This is probably the most important one, period. The bottleneck posed by storage medium is considerable. With SSD, that goes away =)
6. [Canadian residents only] What is 110 plus 15 divided by 5 minus 4?
Sigh...I am a Canadian...why oh why must we do these things, eh? The question is 110+15/5-4. So the answer is 109.