1. Do you currently own an SSD and are you planning on purchasing one in the near future? If so, which brands are you considering (Intel, OCZ, Crucial, Kingston, Patriot Memory, Samsung, or other)?
I do currently own an SSD and am considering buying another soon. OCZ is my current favorite SSD brand, but with technology changing so quickly, I always consider other options before making a purchase.
2. What is the most important consideration you make when you purchase an SSD (price, performance, brand, other)?
Since all SSDs are on the expensive side, price is less important to me then performance and a reputation for reliability.
3. How often do you purchase a new PC (less than a 1 year, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, over 3 years)?
2-3 years usually
4. Do you prefer to build your own PC or buy a branded system (Build your own or Buy a branded system)?
Build desktops, buy branded laptops
5. How important do you feel an SSD is to system performance? (extremely important, pretty important, Not very important, no impact on performance)
Disk I/O and transfer speed are of critical importance to many applications...especially business applications. SSDs represent a huge leap forward in non-volatile storage performance.
6. [Canadian residents only] What is 110 plus 15 divided by 5 minus 4?
I am not a Canadian resident, but I like math... 21