I am having a problem with the cooling on this laptop, I'm on windows Ultimate 64bit sp1 and the fan keeps running at the same speeds.
Windows was installed a few days ago and just came back from the acer repair due to the fans being blocked and not spinning, they cleaned it up and their testruns were a succes according to them.
Now I was busy installing apps on newly installed windows and the temps rise to 80/95 degrees only by doing that, i tested an fast to download game like minecraft and temps raised to almost 100c so I closed it...turbo boost kicked in during those events to 3,00ghz which I now have turned off and multiplier is set to 20 (2,00ghz) and even that makes it go to 80/90 while doing minor tasks like installing apps or browsing
so the fans have been tested by acer and they gave it back to me, this is a clean installed win7 with none of the acer apps on it, and I read on multiple forums from last year ago that ePower Management was the thing that controls the fan speed, im on ultimate and it doesn't seem to be compatible
Other games tested was TF2 and with the throttlestop settings it hung at 90/98c degrees, the fan still spinning at only one speed, my bios of the acer 5755g is 1.15.
To sum it up:
- aspire 5755's fan is not reacting to changes in computing tasks, when on load it still spins at idle speeds(?) causes temps to rise to 100 which would make it auto shutdown
- im on win7 ultimate sp1 and ePower isn't compatible with it it seems, the drivers were meant for home premium x64 so downgrading would work?
- even at boot the fan spins normally as if it's not hot at all
I'm clueless here, and the reason I sent it to acer was because the fan started spinning way too hard while possible dust blocking it, causing speeds to throttle down and games/apps running slow until it auto shutdown and the fan stopped at next boot. they gave it back to me but the 1 speed only fan problem still exists.
- Intel Core i5 2430M 2,4GHZ up to 3,00 ghz turbo
- 8 GB
- 750 GB
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2 gig video memory
- Help with this would be very kind.
- EDIT: Now running at multiplier 20, turbo boost disabled, temps hanging at 66c, max was 86c with light cpu tasks, no games or video editing etc.