I'm considering to buy the new Thinkpad T430 but since I'm living in Europe, we don't have a BTO option. There are only three available models:
- i5 low-end (HD screen, IG 4000, 500GB)
- i5 (switchable graphics, HD+)
- i7 high-end with 9-cell battery
I'm hesitating between the last two models. Since I'm planning to buy a 9-cell battery anyway the i7 seems to be the most optimal solution (the i5 is only available with a 6 cell). Now I have two major questions:
1. What's the (in real life) battery life for a 6-cell in combination with the i5
2. What's the (in real life) speed difference between the i5 and i7, is it worth spending EUR 100 extra?