I'm new to the forums, but this seems the best place to begin searching for the solution to my problem.
- I have replaced both the AC adapter and the battery, they're brand new.
- I have flashed the bios with both unlocked and the factory ones, no change.
- I took the battery out, unplugged ac adapter and held power button for 60 seconds, plugged in ac, booted to windows, removed Microsoft compliant battery driver, shut down, attempted to boot from battery, full stop. I have tried variations of this also, full stop.
- This was accompanied by windows freezing with a black screen on shutdown/restart, this was resolved by flashing the VBIOS with a new version.
- I plugged the battery in overnight to "charge" but after 13 hours there was no additional charge.
I purchased this from a dead person, meaning I bought it in an estate sale, so Dell support is out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas?