alrighty here it goes.THINGS I AM IMPRESSED WITH
4. othersTHINGS I DONT REALLY LIKE
3.ports in front
NOW HERE IS WHY
1.screen - this screen is to die for, the new screens have great resoultion and the plastic casing (or whatever it is) on the screen that makes it reflective is a great upgrade to lcd's during intense gaming there is little or no bleeding, and the human eye cannot tell which simply rocks. 17" wide i initially thought would be a hassle with games but the games seem to be fine with it (some have black borders at the start but go to www.widescreengamingforum.com
to fix that) it also works great with photoshop and such because it gives you either more space for palletes or more space for the canvas
side note: i have zero dead pixels, thats right a perfect screen.
2. power - this thing is a machine! laptops are NOT supposed to be able to do this! this is like a great desktop put into the size of a school binder. everyone that has seen me play games on this is now saving up for one
( last night i went to a place called Rivalution in SLC, its a lan cafe place where all my friends work, and they have pretty good computers that play the games very well, but then i showed up and brought my 8790 and it outperformed every computer there! turned many heads. this laptop is great for rendering and doing anything in cinema 4d or other such programs i am really impressed and filter time in photoshop, what filter time!, each one takes maybe a few seconds. now thats power
3.features - although i will never ever use it much the mic and camera are awesome to have just to say you have them. the camera seems to be a little dark. unless you have a light shinning on your face its hard to get a good picture. the mic is cool and small but hard to pick up the noise. with it on full volume you have to lean toward it and talk louder than the norm. but that doesn't bug me too bad. the blue lights on the buttons is an awesome feature, although it does remind me of an HP i still love it. the use of the power/batt/wifi lights is great too, they let me know exactly whats going on without searching through the control pannel etc. although this part does nothing i thing its great, the metal slab piece on the top with the sager logo in the acrylic circle is nice and stylish and makes the top of the laptop look professional. 7 in 1 card reader, aside from the bit at the very first where you have to disable it to install windows, it works great. i used it today with my digital camera compact flash card, and it worked like a charm. I opted for the 12 cell batt, so i cant really say how the sub or the tv tuner works but i bet if you seach enough youll find someone else who did. havnt had time to test the cd burner either, but i did play a dvd and the drive works wonders.
4.other - the keyboard is great, ive never had a laptop before but i have been around and used them off and on, i would much prefer a normal keyboad than a laptop one, but this one seems to work out. i love that they were able to get a numeric keypad in there, seeing as i use it alot for IP's and some games. the touchpad works well too, althogh i never use it (bring an optical mouse wherever i go because i dont like touch's much) it seems to be smooth and not skip too much.
DONT REALLY LIKE
1.weight - after a long night of playing at a friends house i hate lugging this thing, 12 pounds adds up after a while. though i would never trade the power of this thing for the weight it still tends to be tireing
2. heat - this laptop seems to handle its heat very well so i am not very worried, but after a long session on painkiller or far cry my palm gets hot and the power brick gets hot the back of my mind cringes for the parts inside. whenever i use it i try to find something to prop up the back, it helps with the keyboard and helps ventilate a bit.
3. the ports in front kinda bug, although great for headphones and such when hooking it up to speakers who wants a cable running from the front!?!?! not i.
4. problems - i seem to have been insanly lucky because my lappy has only one prob (compared to others in this forum who have been unlucky and had many probs or one big one) i have no dead pix, no flashing screen, no lockups, no artifacting. my heat level seems to be a bit lower than other peoples. idle with full fans around 30, but after about an hour and a half of straight gaming (full fans) i have never seen it above about 47/48. other people seem to be getting 50's. this could be to the fact that im up a canyon in utah and it can get relatively cool, even in the summer. but there is one prob, whenever i go into standby or hibernation and come out, the laptop seems to chop, every 7-10 seconds i get around 4 spikes where it freezes for a milisecond so the mouse with chop 4 times then go for another 10 seconds or game will chop. this is not that big of deal to me because i usually do my business on my laptop then shut it down completely so i dont experiance it much.
thanks all for you help. i am having a little trouble tracking down a nice digital camera for the pictures (mines only a 1.5 megapix, pretty old) and it takes grainy pics, but i will find a quality one and get some pics up asap. more on everything later.