Originally Posted by putty
I got my S170VPN today and like what I see so far except for...
1) All the AOL/Netscape Norton, MS trial crap pre-installed. I guess that comes with the territory.
2) I'm having a problem getting onto my WiFi network. It's being recognized and it says that I'm on it (excellent signal strength) but not able to get to any website.
3) I tried to install an iso file but can't open it.
4) I have a C drive and a D drive somehow. C has 13 GB (8 free) and D has 37 GB (all free). Why did it come partitioned? And is it normal for there to be only 50 GB total in a 60 GB drive?
The screen looks great and I LOVE the keyboard. Can anyone help me out with the small problems I'm having...
2) any intermittent disconencts? verify that your ip address is correct, if your using a wireless router, you should have the ip you used to get with your wireless router. Try in the command prompt typing /ipconfig /renew (i think that is it)
3) i wasn't aware that you were supposed to install iso files, usually you burn them
4) why not have partitions, yes it is normal to lose a good amount of gigs, out of the top of my head 54 out of 60 seems about right, but I am talkin out of desktop hard drive experience. it could be worse for laptop hard drives