Originally Posted by Dustpap
For the love of all that is still good....do yourself a favor and buy an iPod....and a Powerbook too if you have any money left over.
BUT... If you don't want to blow the extra cash on an Ipod and you want more functionality for less money, check out the Neuros. A few features in the unit:
1. FM receiver
2. FM Broadcaster
3. USB 2.0
3. Line In (for microphone MP3/WMA)
4. Record via built in Microphone (MP3/WMA)
5. Record live Radio broadcasts MP3/WMA (soon functionality for PVR for Radio)
6. WMA support
7. MP3 support
8. OGG support
9. REMOVABLE HARD DRIVE.
- you read right, removable. Have multiple HD backpacks with one "brain"
10. Take the Hard Drive off and go Solid state with 256MB of memory in the "brain"
11. AMAZING support. No really, it's great.
Only down side, IMHO, is that it is larger than an Ipod because it currently uses Laptop 2.5" hard drives. 1.8" drives are due later this year.
On the other hand, their forums are frequently visited by Neuros staff, including the president. They even have a section for "what do you want to see in the next firmware upgrade?" This is a company that listens to it's users.
I've got one, and while it's not as "sexy" as the IPod, I still get people going Ooo all the time. highly recommended.http://www.neurosaudio.com