here's my screenshot. I think it's gorgeous. I'm running Linux on my I9300. it's called SUSE. it's great, really makes full use of all your RAM, since it writes almost everything to RAM, that's why virtual memory usage on SUSe is always >80% . I have 1 G, and ususally only 200 Mb is available. Linux rocks. and here in the picture u can see Suse's media player , called amaroK. it's about 10 times better than media player. here's why
1. there's an OSD( on screen display) that shows u what song u're playing , album , and artist, and also album art. the OSD is transculent , and that's what makes it cool. Windows doesn't have this
2. Automatic lyrics fetching for songs that are currently playing. For example if u're playing Nelly - Grillz, it automatically displays the lyrics on your left
3. Artist information from wikipedia . Automatically retrieves artist information and displays them on your left. Information comes directly from wikipedia. You get to see artist profile, and all albums released up to date.
4. Sound is generated by Xine or Helix plugin, and virtual sound is great. I have a 2.1 speaker, and I hear surround sound coming from the back due to a difference in frequency playback. this makes our brain "think" that there are actually surround speakers present, and it really kicks ass.
5. And on the left of my screenshot, u can see twin desktops, u can change desktops easily and also move applications from one desktop to the other .