Re: wi-fi signal strength:
Most 8790/4750 owners with weak signal find that switching the antenna posts on the wi-fi card gives significantly improved signal. The full thread can be found here
. The short of it is:
1. Power off your unit and open the HD panel on the back of the unit.
2. Flip up the HD to reveal the wi-fi card.
3. Turn the unit so that the Gigabyte label is facing you. You will see 2 antenna posts at the top of the card. The black antenna wire should be connected to the leftmost antenna post. The rightmost antenna post should be empty.
4. Disconnect the wire from the antenna post (it should pop off rather easily) and reconnect it to the rightmost antenna post.
5. Flip the HD back into place.
6. Replace the retaining panel. You may want to use only 2 screws to hold it in place until you're certain that your system's functioning.
7. Start up the laptop and check your signal.
Hope this helps.