Let us know what happens PCK!
post #21 of 62
7/8/04 at 5:53am
Thank you for contacting Dell Technical Support.
Jerry, to identify the exact problem, and rectify this issue as
expeditiously as possible,
Please reply with the results from the following troubleshooting
1. Is there a steady green light on the AC adapter?
2. Does the system boot from the battery power?
3. Remove all the CRU's ( i.e. battery, PCMCIA card, printer, floppy
drive, CD-ROM drive, etc.). Does the system boot now?
4. Remove both the memory modules and place one memory module in the
first memory slot and boot the system? Does the system boot now?
5. If the system does not boot, then remove the memory module and seat
it in the second memory slot. Does the system boot now?
6. If the system does not boot again, the memory module A could have
gone bad, now try the same steps with the memory module B. Does the
system boot with the other memory module?
7. Do you hear any beep sound?
8. Press CAPS lock, NUM lock and SCROLL lock key. Do the respective
lights turn on?
9. Press [Fn][F8] several times. Are you able to view anything on the
10. Connect an external monitor and press [Fn][F8]. Are you able to view
the display on the external monitor?
Do let me know the details, I will be more than happy to help you in
Originally Posted by krjx
I ordered my laptop on the 6th of June. The first 8600 was lost in transit so DELL issued me a replacement which was delayed at every stage. It finally got to me last night. From the very first time I took it out of the box it has this problem that it does not boot up. After trying many times and taking out and putting back the battery it booted up a couple of times and the the problem came again. I called DELL and they are again issuing me a replacement but it will take 3 weeks. Meanwhile I am stuck without any computer since early JUNE!!! Does anyone know a temporary fix to this problem so that I can atleast use this laptop till I get my exchange? Also I am wondering if this is a problem with all dothan systems?
I have a 1.8 8600 with 333 mb ram, 60gb hdd, 9600pro, wsxga