Originally Posted by Daegras
Ok, I'm not gonna read 3 pages of this crap because I have read it already and I'm tired of it. Here are my responses in numerical order.
1) I can guarantee that Dell would take a month and a half if the parts they needed were not in... They say simply, ships in 7 days from received payment IF ALL PARTS ARE IN.
2) I cannot explain the colour thing to you. You are the 3rd person I've heard this from and it shocks me too. Just thank god that your machine HAS a colour and isn't some fugly grey box like the Dell XPS.
3) Yeah, I know the pain of the vid card. I was sent the wrong card altogether! Suck it up, call up support, have them ship you a new one. I didn't even have to send mine back till my new one came (and it did the day after I let them know about it).
4) Dead pixels happen dude. It's a tiny bit of liquid crystal and transportation can easily mess it up. You're not the only person to have this happen. Just burn another pixel and have them replace the screen....
5) They say everywhere on their site that there is a 15% restocking fee... You have no one to blame but yourself.
Solution to all of the above: That lovely protection plan you paid a couple hundred for....
Oh no... Daegras is tired of all this crap
In response to your responses in numerical order:
1. You guarantee you know what Dell is going to do? When you put together an order on Dell's site the ship date changes based on the parts you choose. I would not recommend guaranteeing your statements when they are not 100% accurate.
2. What do have against grey... it's a nice color
3. Don't you agree that a 200 point quality inspection should have found that they put the wrong video card in your machine? I would think that 1 of the 200 quality inspections should include testing of the hardware working properly prior to shipping... he has a legit gripe on that one.
4. "Dead pixels happen dude"... yea, they happen in manufacturing and should be caught by the 200 point quality inspection. Do you know why the Alienware wallpaper is black? So they can not see the dead pixels during their quality inspection
5. That is true, but the policy sucks. If they want to sell the "Ultimate Gaming Machine" and "Quality Product" then there should not be a concern about returns. But... they know that they are selling problem machines and would go out of business if a large percentage of people returned their purchase.
And the lovely protection program... ground shipping to get there (5 days) + 12 business days in depot (posted on their site and 12 if your lucky) with 2 day return = 4 weeks without lappy. Don't forget the 4 week killer, "We're waiting for the part to come in..."