I for one would be *very* interested in seeing a review for this laptop. I just bought a refurb compaq 1525 for $1152. Yeah, I know, compaq.... but it was the only thing in the weight/size I wanted with decent specs for the right price.
I know that some ppl don't like SIS chipsets, but SIS has come a longways and this particular chipset (645DX) has received great reviews for both stability and performance (beating out even the 850E in 3D gaming tests). If they offered this chipset in the 5670, I would take it over the intel. (Never thought I would see myself type that).
In short, if you can show me the following, I will gladly ship back the compaq and buy the 4060 for a little more money with a 533MHz bus and M9. Only have 25 more days...
1. Stability playing FPS games ( I know the chipset is good, but what about the mobo itself)
2. Does not produce a "hot to the touch" surface
3. The mfg/model of the lcd screen (if you can provide the actual specs, even better)
4. Fans are not any louder than the ones in the 5670
5. Sturdiness of the case/lcd enclosure
6. Pretty pictures
Like to know:
1. The chipset used for the wifi module
2. Does the headphone jack have the same issue that ppl have reported with 5670. (I will use the headphone jack a lot)
I know you Adam and gsferrari have produced great reviews and do not doubt their abilities. These are just the items I think I would need to know now to make a decision. That is, as long as Adam decides to offer this model.
I just looked at Clevo's site, and they list the chipset as the M650DX, which I thought was the 645DX with a integrated graphics chip which would not make any sense.