I went through a couple in the last couple of years
1) Targus CL5 I believe...leather executive bag, really nice but couldn't fit my 5200 in it, bought this at the IBM outlet back in 2002 for 90
2) Samsonite Koskin executive bag, huge mother...it was decent, lots of compartments but the lack of padding on the LCD side kinda worried me, but it was one of the few I could find at Staples which fit the 5200, got it for about 80
Sold the 5200 with the Samsonite bag, went with a desktop for a while, and tehn picked up a Sony V505EX. So...
3) Got a leather executive bag from Radio Shack for 50 bucks, on sale from 140. It was a super nice bag, but too big for the laptop (would most likely fit a 15.4 widescreen perfectly). The bag seemed really durable, looked nice and had tons of compartments. Do a search for notebook on Radioshack.ca, you can probably still find some in store...I know I returned mine to Hillcrest Mall (Richmond Hill) and it should still be there
Traded the V505EX for a 5205 (canadian version, so 5200 with the casv screen) + cash
4) Picked up a Belkin backpack (has a silver X on the back) from Radioshack in exchange for the leather bag. Same price...but thought it was kinda ugly, so I ended up returning it. The padding was decent, and for 50 bucks it was okay.
5) Picked up a case logic sleeve (JUST fits the 5200) again from Radioshack. This one was 20 bucks...again, go on the radioshack site and do a search for it. I still have the sleeve, but I don't know how often I would use it though cause I went and...
6) Got a Dell branded mobile edge backpack from a private seller for 60 bucks tax in
, great backpack...huge, but so much padding that I actually feel like my laptop's safe. Plus good ergonomics, and it was cheap