|Originally posted by BooVu
1. What's the difference between the WSXGA and WUXGA besides the 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 difference in resolution? Is it worth spending the extra $100 to go from WXGA to WUXGA?
2. What's the performance difference between 1.5Ghz and 1.7Ghz? Is it worth spending and extra $350 to upgrade to 1.7Ghz?
3. Is it worth spending the extra $50 to go from a 60gig 4200rpm to 5400rpm?
4. Does anyone have any opinion on gaming on a 15.4" widescreen?
I just went to BestBuy today to take a look at a eMachine laptop with 15.4" screen. It seems wider, but smaller in height then a 15". What are you thoughts on 15.4" compared to 15"?
I've read on many review sites that a 1.5Ghz Centrino is = to 1Ghz Pentium 4M. This would mean that a 1.6Ghz Centrino performs at a speed of a 2.6Ghz P4. Is there any truth in this?
1. I can't decide either what I would choose. WUXGA is great for photshop, but I see trouble using it for Word.
I'm using a 19" at 1280x1024
2. 1.6GHz is the max I would go. That's $150 more. I think $350 is not worth it.
3. I'll take the 5400 rpm when you are using programs that would make extensive use of the HD like PS.
4. Don't do any gaming.
Actually, I bought the emachine a few weeks ago to check it out, but returned it because it was a little bit too slow performance wise. I thought the screen was decent. It was a WXGA.
Sorry, can't follow your calculation regarding the 1.5 GHz, 1 GHz and 2.66 GHz