Congrats, make sure you patch the 2.6.10 kernel with the latest libata-dev patch when installing.
post #101 of 159
1/19/05 at 5:34pm
Originally Posted by oeri
I just compiled a kernel that can be inserted into the Gentoo LiveCD. This might get you up and
running, instead of waiting for the horribly slow torrent.
1. Download your favorite Gentoo LiveCD ISO. The one I'm using in this tutorial is
2. Download the modified kernel from http://www.oeri.ath.cx/sager9860/gentoo .
3. Get WinISO (www.winiso.com) or mount the image under linux.
4. Open the ISO in WinISO.
5. Change to the ISOLINUX directory inside the ISO
6. Highlight the file "gentoo" (NOT GENTOO.IGZ) and press delete.
7. Drag and drop the "gentoo" modified kernel inside the ISOLINUX directory in the ISO.
8. File > Save
9. Burn with Nero or other burning software
Let me know how this works, guys...
Originally Posted by darktempes
marspoet, this worked for me:
(or any respective gentoo mirror with the 2005.0 experimental with uses the newer patched version of 2.6.10 (-r5 if i remember correctly)
Originally Posted by g32
I have been using nvidia-kernel 1.0.6629-r1, nvidia-glx 1.0.6629-r1, and nvidia-settings 1.0.6629 (all of which are masked by ~x86). With, of course, the X11 driver set to "nvidia".
Originally Posted by adewolf
Does the 2.6.11 kernel work on the 9860?