I have seen in the past the potential for PCB delamination and deterioration if you let the moisture exist for too long. There are minerals in water that are minor conductors and will cause rust-like stains and battery-like corrosion. The boards will begin to discolor, etc. leading to either an immediate failure or those annoying little problems.
AN IDEA FOR DRYING... Im a disabled medicinal marijuana user and I have this damn pine box that when I put my "medicine" in it, it would dry the stuff out of it overnight (sometimes too much :P)... Using that idea, which I have for other cards like modems, etc, I would assume that if you disassemble your lappy and remove the problem pieces, dry them off with a hair dryer, etc. THEN put them in a uncoated, pourous, wood box for a day and put it in the sun. This will suck moisture out of the boards really nicely and the wood will absorb it so you wont get mold or anything.
My IQ - 155
My IQ on WEED - 147
(on the mensa 160 scale)
Good luck. I would hate to be stuck with a $2500 paperweight!