Originally Posted by lewarkmd
My 8790 is 13 months old and I just started getting severe artifacting after it has been running awhile. I underclocked it to 310/230 and it seems to be working ok for now. Is my GPU damaged? Is underclocking just a band-aid fix? I have an extended warranty and can get it repaired if necessary. I would appreciate any advice on what to do.
I have a few questions of others following this topic. I can click on pages though, so if it is posted in the other 10 pages, no need to add more. Thanks.
QUESTIONS TO THOSE WHO SENT IN THEIR SAGERS:
- How much was your shipping to/from Sager? and from what location?
- How long was the turn-around time?
- Did the problem recur? If yes, how long after you got it back?
QUESTIONS TO THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED SELF-FIXES:
- If you tried ATI Tool, what were your settings?
- Did the problem recur after finding a good setting, resulting in underclocking more?
- Other Self fixes that worked or didn't