HOW TO TEMPORARILY FIX SRCEEN FLICKER on Emachines/Gateway Models M68(XX)/ Gateway 74
Mods...... I think this info should be a STICKY, I was on the phone with Gateway Tech Support Corp office this morning, trying to get help on how to FIX THIS PROBLEM, they didn't offer me any RMA, and said , that "At This Time We have not decided to RMA any notebbooks as of yet to Permanetly fix this problem, but we are aware of this problem" so this is what the corp office told me...............
HOW TO TEMPORARILY FIX SRCEEN FLICKER on Emachines/Gateway Models M68(XX)/ Gateway 74(XX)GX, MX75(XX)
1. Shut the machine down remove the battery, ac connection, and the back two center screws from the bottom of the notebook.
2. open the LCD all the way
3. Lift the power button plate with a flat head screwdriver putting any type of card over the keys not to damage them (this panel will only lift about 2 inches from the system DO NOT force it)
4. locate the connector directly beneath the volume down button connecting to the motherboard
5. press the connector down it will become loose overtime form opening and closing the lid (so you will have to re-do this from time to time)
6. put the ends of the power button plate back into place
7. push the plate down until it reseats
8. close the LCD panel
9. put the battery, ac connection, and 2 screws back into the bottom of the chassis
10.turn the system back on and test screen
That should be all the steps to correct the issue.
I haven't try this as of yet, but I will see if this works..................