So I'll be editting my post to remove the non-working installation procedure to get my logitech bluetooth setup functioning.
Last night I actually ran a completely clean recovery to reset the laptop to factory condition. Interesting note: I had both the C & D paritions converted to NTFS (convert x: /fs:NTFS [where x is the drive label]), but did not merge the partitions. I also left the hidden 3gb recovery partition intact. I wasn't sure if th e-recovery would work because I know a lot of people have been debating leaving FAT32 on C or D or both or non for the erecovery. I can attest that erecovery from the harddrive (NO CDs/DVD) works PERFECTLY if you leave the hidden 3gb partition intact and leave the two hard drive partitioned. I do not believe that the file system matters, because the recovery partition reformats everything or something on its own.
ANYWAY, back to the clean install, I noticed a few things when everything was all set back up. Before, when I got the notebook and set it up the first time, I never had the fn+up/down arrow key (volume up/down) actually show anything on the display. Now I got the television style volume bars in green. Also, I never got any sort of notification of caps/scroll/num lock other than the led's next to the power button. Now I had a small light-yellow box with black lettering pop up on the screen in the bottom right telling me that caps/num/scroll lock was on.
So, I then installed the Acer-released WIDCOMM drivers, and replaced the Microsoft BT stack. No problems there. Then tried setting up the DiNovo media desktop from scratch again, following Logitech's instructions. Turned off computer, plugged in USB logitech hub, booted up, paired mouse/keyboard/mediapad by pressing button on the bottom of each and then hitting blue "connect" button on hub. Then installed SetPoint, rebooted, and then had items pair through SetPoint with passkeys (for the keyboard/mediapad). At this point, there was no indication, as with the many other times I've tried before, that the SetPoint software was going to recognize my internal BlueTooth, so I simply unplugged the Logitech USB hub and paired through the internal card. Voila - false positive. Items were recognized in SetPoint and functioning like they were supposed to. Sadly, they didn't hold after a reboot, so I was back in the same mess as before.
Called Logitech tech support, calmly gave the poor guy more information than he could possibly handle (at one point I even got him to say "well, erm, that's a bit beyond the realm of tech support!), and he put me on hold about 3 or 4 times to talk to an engineer. In the end, he gives me an RMA#, and now I have to wait a week or more to get another set, because the engineer thinks the firmware inside the devices is the issue.
I'll post my results after the next series of masochistic attempts at installing bluetooth devices via the internal BlueTooth receiver in a couple weeks.