Originally Posted by TrIceCold
1. Does it have shut downs after 4 hours of Doom3 for instance?
2. Does the GPU can keep itself in acceptable heat levels?
3. Are there 3rd party hardware for this laptop for extra cooling?
4. Does it run blazingly fast with AthlonXP 64 3400+
5. Finally How difficult it would be for me to run 512 x 2 memmory sticks......
My brother owns an IBM and a Toshiba and they seem to run flawless however they cost much for less performance...
I live in Turkey and this machine is sold around $1500... should i smuggle one instead of buying one from here...
Thanks for reading...
If you're looking to save money, get the "Built On Asus" version that is also customizable. ASUS Ensemble notebooks are still nice, but usually a little more pricier and no hardware customizations available, but they boast a 3 year warranty through select resellers (us being one of those).
As for your questions:
1. No, as long as you follow the recommended drivers, everything will be fine.
2. Yes, fairly well for a 9700. Clocking it to it's normal stock speed will bring up the heat, but I will need other users to comment on their experiences (we do not overclock our products for customers - voids warranty, etc...)
3. Not currently, wouldn't expect it either. Custom mods maybe, go Electrical Engineers!
4. YES! We sold a Z80K with the following config: AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 1GB PC3200 Corsair...
I played HL2 on it until I had to deliver it to our customer.
5. Obviously without any problems (look at Ans. 4)
I personally love both IBM and Toshiba... they the only real laptop manufacturers in my opinion (even they outsource too, but their designs are what count, EE design is so much better). We resell ASUS and I would compare them on the same quality, performance, reliability and competitive pricing.
ASUS for the win.Agent9