Originally Posted by gevo
hi all. i have a powerbook g4. I just wanted to know if there is a free cd writing software for mac os X ( with cd rw support & cd rw erasing ability )? thank you
Mac OS X has Support for Data burning as part of the OS. All you have to do Is Place the blank media in Drive. Then a dialog appears to Name the Blank Volume Once it has been named it will mount to the desktop as a blank volume. Then you merely drag an drop the files you want to copy to the Empty DVD/CD Image and click the Nuclear Symbol that says burn when you hover over it.
Additionally you can Back up in MultiSession burns by using the disk Utility.
For MultiSession burns you will need to create an Image for each relative burn.
1. Create a new Folder that will contain the Files you want to save in this Session ( Then Place those Files inside of that folder) Desktop is your best choice for easy access.
2. Open Disk Utility
3. File -> New Image -> Create Image from Folder
4. select the Folder with the files you just created
5. Disk Utility will make a disk Image of that folder that end with .dmg
6. Highlight the Image so that it is Blue and Click Burn Image
7. MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "Make disk Appendable" Box on the burn Screen or you will CLOSE the CD so that it can't be written to again.
8. You get prompted for Optical Media (unless you already have it in the machine)