I'd also like to give my .02 cents regarding this whole matter. I'm also one of those folks who's had the money and the will to order a 9860 all along in the past few weeks but have eagerly anticipated for the Rev. 2 6800 resulting in much delayed purchase of my 9860.
However, I guess the wait was well worth it since I now know for SURE that I wouldn't be regretting my ATI/9860 purchase given the new scores of the rev. 2 6800. Surely, I am dissapointed more than EVER with the lack of improvements on the rev2 6800. But I know that it's better to have waited, than not have waited and send back in later for an exchange if the rev.2 6800 indeed turned out to be revolutionary as some have claimed/hoped for on this forum.
With that said, I thank all of you on this forum for helping me make the right choice. I will go ahead and end my 6 months of lurking on this forum in search for the right lap top and order my 9860/ATI tomorrow.
And no, I will NOT wait another (X,Y)months, years for the A64 9860. I am sure that by the time they actually announce it, Sager 9980 special edition with 16 pipe videocard and a built in coffee maker will also be announced and I'd have to cry and wait again. Please, allow me to order the current 9860/ATI and so I may finally be at peace.
But last but not least, here goes to the almighty pixel gawds: Bless me oh lord, For I have so paitently waited. Let me receive my baby without lit green pixels, cancers, and tumors etc.