Round Rock, Texas, February 14, 2005
Dell, the worldwide leader in LCD monitor shipments1, is giving customers an expanded multimedia experience with the introduction of its largest and most fully-featured flat panel display.
The UltraSharpTM 2405FPW will be on sale for $1,199 in the Americas and Europe on March 1, 2005. The wide-screen monitor is ideal for graphics professionals, computing enthusiasts and gamers. The native resolution of 1920x12002 helps ensure detailed images are crisp and clear and typical response times of 12ms3 mean fast-moving content is displayed with minimal distortion.
The 24-inch display makes it easier and more affordable for customers to multitask by viewing spreadsheets and blueprints in their full sizes and positioning multiple applications or Web pages next to each other without losing content. It also reduces the need to scroll within large documents and toggle between application windows.
The 2405FPW includes a 9-in-1 memory card reader on the side of the panel for a convenient way to download files and photos. Four USB 2.0 ports make it easy to attach devices such as keyboards, secondary hard drives and printers without having to crawl under a desk to search for inputs on a computer system.
With S-Video, composite and component inputs, the 2405FPW can be hooked up to a video camera, gaming console, DVD player or cable box. Picture-in-picture (PIP) and picture-by-picture (PBP) modes4, which can be enabled with the touch of a button, allow users to watch content from a video input and view their PC simultaneously, on a single display.
The 2405FPW features a height-adjustable stand, allowing the panel to swivel, tilt and pivot into portrait orientation. Its optional sound bar, which attaches to the bottom of the panel, is as space-saving as it is powerful, delivering 14 watts of audio output.
Technical specifications of the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW include:
* Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA+) @ 60Hz2
* Response Time (typical): 12ms grey-to-grey3, 16ms black-to-white
* Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
* Brightness (typical): 500 cd/m²
* Aspect Ratio: 16:10
* Number of Colors: 16.7 Million
* Horizontal/Vertical Viewing Angle (typical): +/-89 degrees
* Lift distance: 3.5 inches
* Tilt angle: -5 to +20 degrees
* Swivel: 90 degrees (45 degrees left and right)
* Memory Card Formats Supported: CompactFlash I/II, Secure Digital (SD), Mini SD, MultiMedia Card, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, IBM Microdrive
* Inputs: Analog (VGA)/Digital (DVI)5/S-Video/Composite/Component
* Dimensions (HxWxD): 21.5" x 22.0" x 9.0"
* Weight: 29.1 lb.
The Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW is available today in parts of Asia and will be available on March 1, 2005 in the Americas and Europe. Additional information and specifications can also be found on March 1 at www.dell.com/monitors
. Hi-resolution images are located at www.dell.com/photos