Originally Posted by Tman52
All, Im saying is this will hirt Alienwares return customers (maybe) due to this... I mean I would really like to get one and etv (have over half saved ) but am scard to death about having it have a lit or stuck pixil!!!
However, I'll probably end up going with hypersonic. Not many people have them, but those that do seem to be pleased with it (a bigger majority from my limited "research"). Plus, if there is even ONE pixel in the center area, they will replace it. Or if there is more than one in the outer regions, they will replace it. So, a MAXIMUM of ONE dead/partially-lit pixel on a hypersonic screen. Yes, some of those will be PERFECT too, just as some alienware screens are perfect. However, I'm not much of a gambling man. With my luck, I'll get an alienware screen with SEVEN dead pixels and be stuck with it.
Furthermore, although I refuse to pay for an option such as this, hypersonic does have one--for an additional $99.00, you can get an ABSOLUTE guarantee that there will not be a SINGLE dead/partially lit pixel ANYWHERE on the screen (i.e. a PERFECT screen).
Warning: OFF-TOPIC, so continue to read at your own risk. There are a few more reasons that I might go with hypersonic instead, to those of you who are interested.
1. Hypersonic offers more than one color (although I like the traditional gray) if one wishes to choose so.
2. Their dead-pixel policy (maximum of one dead pixel vs. seven with alienware) with optional guarantee.
3. They have the option of a TV-tuner card.
4. They have the option of Nvidia Quadro FX Go 1400 PCI-Express 256MB DDR3.
5. You can get the 3.8Ghz chip from them.
6. You can get any of the EM64T chips from them.
7. Supposedly you can also get the WUXGA screen from them (used to say limited availability...doesn't have that "restriction" anymore), but, like someone else said, I'll believe it when someone else has it.
8. They don't have the big alienhead with glowing eyes (going to use this laptop in the healthcare setting...need something semi-professional).
9. They use Artic Silver 5 on their chips--standard.
10. People seem to complain less about them on these forums and on resellerratings.com (although that could be due to smaller number of units actually sold).
11. And is $231.00 USD cheaper (with exact same configuration...including t-shirt) with 2-day air shipping vs. UPS Ground for alienware.
My heart isn't sold on hypersonic yet. Still tracking down people who are buying them and messaging them on the internet and on these forums. Seeing what they think of them a week, month, and a year later.
P.S. Mods, if this is SO off-topic that you must edit it, please send me a copy of it via PM before you delete it. Don't want to retype it when I create a new thread.