Ok, this whole process of upgrading the ram has resembled somewhat of a rollercoaster ride. The simple short answer it is...I finally got a gig working. For the details read on...
I have learned that Newegg does not actually cross-ship, they set up your rma for full refund(no restocking fee) in return for you purchasing a replacement. So, I sent the defective stick back to Newegg and bought a another stick. After receiving my replacement today, I have come realize that Newegg sent me the wrong sticks on my original order. The replacement stick that I received today looks nothing like the two that came in my initial purchase(Will post pics before day is over). On Newegg's site, two different sticks of 200pin 512MB DDR400 were listed. Of the two I bought the cheapest ones. When buying, there appeared to be no difference, all their specs were listed as being the same. Same density, brand, size, and cas. So I bought the cheap ones..anyway...Now looking at Newegg, they don't carry the more expensive sticks anymore($10 more per stick), so that makes me think either they ran out of stock on the cheap ones after I already placed the order, wanted to "unload" the more expensive sticks, or the guy who packed my order just screwed up. Who knows...
Honestly, I thought I would be screwed again, thinking that the sticks weren't similiar enough to play nicely with each other or the Sager. SUPRISE! they booted the machine right up. Did a memtest with 5 passes and no errors found. So, I think I'm finally good to go. Checked their specs with SANDRA and both sticks, even though their physical appearance differs, read the same, including manufacturer, manufacture date, density, cas ratings(2.5-3-3-8).
After about three weeks of shipping turnaround time and with all the extra cost I paid for return shipping and restocking fee(from ZipZoomFly on the Corsairs
) I still came out ahead. If bought from Sager directly, I would be laying down $230+ for this upgrade($115 per stick of 512MB DDR400 + any shipping cost). Instead in total I paid about $160, a nice $70 savings.
Thanks to all who offered tips and assistance throughout this whole process.