Originally Posted by Adamphl
i've been getting quarterbacked all morning in dell hell. i'm at a point where if i can't get the lcd swapped for a samsung in an efficient time, i'm going to send this 9300 back and order a 6000d. besides, who even knows if this samsung display is going to be any better.
Adamphl, that's wierd because I just talked to Dell's Inspiron Technical Support for 15 min and they are sending me the W9892 LCD kit for me to install myself. Did you order from Dell SB or Home? The technician just asked me a few question, when he got on the phone after about 2 minutes of wait time. Here is how it went after I told him about my sparkle problem, even though I am not sure if I even have the problem, but I just wanted a comparision like UNInspector.
1. Do you have the lasted BIOS update. Yes, I have the A02 update.
2. Can you go into the diagnostic mode by pressing "Fn+power button." All tests passed.
3. Can you connect the computer to an external LCD display, if you have one, and tell me if the white looks ok. Did that, and looked slightly better, but not much. And thats with a SONY 23" LCD display.
4. Do you know how to re-seat the monitor cable and then test if the white is ok. Got my screw driver out and did that. Whites still looked the same.
5. The technician says since you have return to depot warranty, I will send the UPS guy to come pick up your computer.
6. I asked if I could do it myself and he said since you were able to re-seat the cable so quick, you should be able to do the display change. Then I proceeded to ask him the part number he is sending out and he told me the Samsung W9892. After that, I got transfered to the dispatch department to verify some information and my test screen should be on its way.
It was simple, brisk and took only 15 min of my time. So far, I am really impressed with Dell.