OK fellow Sentia members -- This is my first notebook and I've been reading reviews and this forum before registering. So hello to all!!
I just jumped into the pool and ordered my Sentia system (Following config):
1) 3yr. care
2) Saucer Silver Changed to Xeno Grey
4) Wireless network
5) 1GB (2x512MB) Changed to 2G (2x1024MB)
6) 80GB Hard Drive
7) 8x Dual layer DVD/RW/24x CD-RW
9) 200 GB Combo ION Drive
10) Addition Battery
11) Intellimouse 4.0 - Saucer Silver Deleted mouse -- going to get a mini one w/retractable cord at circuit city for $20.
12) MS Office 2003 (Small Business Edition)
13) Norton Internet Security 2005
I'd like to address the above #'s and if anyone has anything to add to help out it would be appreciated.
1) I started with 1 yr care but I figured my luck something would happen on 1yr. 1day so I maxed out the Warrenty and it also gave me the respawn & Alien Autopsy with it.
2) For my purchase time it only gave to selections, Saucer Silver and Xeno Grey. I selected the Saucer Silver then seen a close up of one and silver looked kind of rough and cheap so I started to consider the Xeno Grey. But in the end I stayed with the Saucer Silver and kept in my mind that I have not heard anyone complain about Saucer Silver -- so maybe it was the photo.
3) I went with the 1.7GHz because I will mostly be doing work spreadsheets, email & internet - this will not be a gaming machine.
4)I didn't select wireless network at first, but then said what the hell I may want to go online at the airport or on my couch. Anyone have coments on the ability of hackers viewing info while using wireless? (I'm new to wireless)
5) I selected 1GB Memory -- The choice was a 1 GB card or 2x512MB cards. I chose the 2x512MB cards as with my knowledge w/ Signal Integrity the information would run faster with more buses going to those cards.
6) 80 GB Hard Drive -- I've read reviews that 40 - 60 GB is sufficient for most people -- so I should be all set.
7)I had the 6x selected, but got an email from AW for a $500 rebate till Thurs. so I up'ed it to the 8x.
8) Gotta get that cool backpack !!
9) $500 rebate locked in this selection. I was going to wait and purchase it later down the line at a store where it probably would be cheaper. But then thinking I'm mostly going to use my system for work -- I want to have a backup of all my files. 200GB should last me forever. I never backed up info before so I hope it's simple to do !
10) Always nice to have a backup battery.
11) Gotta get the matching mouse.
12) This is one thing that was mandatory -- Most new computers are not advertised w/ MS Office software. And I found out that having just MS works does not click when everyone in the world (The majority) of people and businesses us MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. And when you select MS Office, watch the price jump for your system !!! If I ever get any system again I will throw in the extra $$ for MS Office, it takes away the frustration.
13) I want to protect my new system as best I can.
Now, me saying I jumped right in is because I was/ still nervous about hearing problems with the AW Sentia -- I don't know if there are a few pissed off people trying to put AW down or something but it scares me to read some of the things people are saying about the system. Every company gets these people who had a bad experience, but it really screws up a potential customers mind if someone doesn't give up complaining -- I took a chance on this system because I really like the features and compactness. I hope the systems works flawlessly when I recieve it-- ( I don't want to turn into one of those complainers) -- please, please, please !!!
Now, I went through AW financing and I must say that seemed like forever to go through the process of getting a card, but I guess it ensures that their systems are not going to abandoned houses with Joe Shmo waiting around the corner. If the finacing was faster, I would have ordered my system weeks ago. One good thing came out of it -- I was going to order today and checked my email and it had a $500 rebate for the Sentia until Thursday, so I updated a few things.
Well that's it for now --- someone please calm my nervs about the dependablity of the AW Sentia.
I'm Phase One -- I'll update my new Sentia Pals as I go !!
3/15/05 - Ordered
3/15 - 3/? - Phase 1 (AW lost info I sent them )