I am in the same boat =(
My laptop the x6000 was due to be done on the 17th, then they changed it to the 20th, then today they told me it would be the 20th of April =( I am tempted to try for a alienware. Though with the amount of money I have I would only have like 256mb ram and not have the clearview, or brightview that this compaq has. Of course I would have my choice of either the x800 256mb, or the go 6800 256mb graphics card. The two best for laptops on the market. It is a little over $2000 right now. Of course if I cancel it will take probably a month just to see my money =(
Overall I think we are all just victims to HP/Compaq.
If I do wait I hope I am not one of those that gets a bad system and ends up returning it like some of the threads on this site. I was offered a $50 best buy gift card on the first delay. They are looking to offer me something more because of the new delay.
I am buying this laptop for the long run, so getting a 5400 rpm hard drive(I haven't been offered yet) is not a option. I play half life 2, CSS, Doom 3, and that speed is very much needed. My current desktop I believe has a 5400 rpm hard drive(Any one know how to test the speed?). My luck it is probably a 4200, but either way it takes a while to load the game up in half life 2 or Doom 3.
Also, I don't know to cancel, because I bought 2gb of pc4200 ram for $500 at 4allmemory.com and have had it for a while with no laptop to put it in =(
Thanks for letting me Vent!
If it weren't for the long delay in getting my money back, I ordered through Best Buy, and back in February when I had ordered a zd8000 Best buy wouldn't let me change the ram so I could afford the 2gb, they canceled it and it took 12 days to turn around a reorder.