Originally Posted by FusioNFro
what coupon codes are you referring to operaman? could you explain? like you used 35% off coupon and now there is a $800 off coupon? could you tell your story? i used the $750 coupon off of $2000 for my 9300, now today they have released $800 off of $2000, so if it is possible will they credit me $50 bucks? i put the same config together and it came out $50 bucks cheaper. i also noticed in one of the threads like there is 2% off if you have a Dell preferred account. can i get that applied as well?
Hey there, I was just in the EXACT same situation, I handled it this morning as follows:
- tried to handle it online via CHAT, Dell bitched that my order # & cust # were not valid
- called 800 # (took some digging, but here it is: 1-800-433-9014)
- spoke w/ Sanjay, I explained my $1353 system was now $1275, money is money, I want the computer but I don't want to leave $$$ on the table, can he credit me the difference & we're done
- Sanjay: the order is not shipped yet, so we can cancel the order... I (Sanjay) am not authorized to make price adjustments
- long & short of it: they cancel the order, then you just re-order the damn computer for less $$$
I don't care about ship date, so basically I saved $80 and possibly bumped out my ship date since it is a new order 3 days later.
Seems like a very inefficient & stupid system... Dell has to: cancel order, do something with computer in boxing, process my new order, build my new computer.... if they just gave me the price difference that would have been better for everyone.
Who knows maybe their system works best w/o allowing line employees discretion on price adjustments.
Anyway, this seems to be the route 90 pct of the people take.If anyone has a method / procedure for getting a human to just issue you the price difference, instead of this rig-a-marole(sp?), I bet there are about 25,000 people who would be eternally grateful, not to mention all the Dell stockholders who appreciate not cancelling/re-ordering computers
Hope that helps buddy.