serparlak, in reply to your comment about freebies, it is a matter of who you get for a CSR and how you present the case.
I stated the facts 1) Package is shipped w/a should be date of today monday the 28th, however it is not going to be met w/your 'next day shipping' claims.
2) I see on your dell site it states I was shipped out on fri the 25th on the order detail however the shipping criteria you have forward dated (opposite of backdating) my order as of shipped today (monday) which is fraud.
3) IT is fraud because UPS tracking idicates the package is 10 miles from my house, ironic if it was shipped today already eh?
4) You are not meeting the shipping you claim to have, you put me out since I was going off the original shipping date which was today. I have other places to be at and made myself avail for this package which date was changed.
5) Since the date has changed and your system is unclear of true facts and I have been put out, what are my compensation possibilites since I am unsatisfied w/this order and shipping situation?
6) (CSR Offers a 75 buck coupon) I say .. hmm a $75.00 coupon, well since I took a day off work and put myself out 75 is kinda low, I was thinking a second battery for my xps would be reasonable, can we work out a deal? (comes back w/sir I can only give you 90 bucks towards it), I was like well that is fine, however I got a CSR GUARANTEEING my ship date as of yesterday that it would come today, would you like this documented conversation via email or fax...I do have a case # to refer to if you would like mam. (SIR Let me get my supervisor hold on) after telling him the same thing and being forceful, I got the ok sir, for your troubles what is the battery part NO so we can order it for you.
Common sense, documentation, and social engineering w/a flawed system.... just shows what it can do for you.